The Bourns Automotive Division has played a leading role in the design, development and manufacture of potentiometric sensors since 1949. At our engineering centers in Riverside/California, Taufkirchen/Germany, and Auburn Hills/Michigan we develop and design an extensive range of customized automotive position, speed and torque sensors. These products are manufactured in Ajka/Hungary, Chihuahua & Tijuana/Mexico and Xiamen/China.
Our research and development work combined with close collaboration with customers help to ensure that our products meet the highest standards set for the automotive industry. Using state-of-the-art development software and world-class production methods, Bourns can provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to customer applications.
This position plans, designs, and leads development, and evaluation of electronic test equipment, and systems for automotive sensing products.
In this position you will:
- Identify customer needs and develop test system designs to meet all applicable requirements.
- Identify appropriate test and data acquisition technology and organize functional system development (including design, building, and testing) to verify, and release test system for DV and PV use.
- Development of NI LabVIEW graphical programming based software for the testing of electronic systems.
- Selection of appropriate test system controls to meet design requirements.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation such as bills of material, test process flow, specifications, and other types of engineering documentation including test procedures, and usage manual, or work instruction.
- Identify and resolve issues for test system development including; design, procurement, build, test, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices.
- Review and identify changes to detailed drawing sets and specifications from system design concept stage through release for use at the component and assembly level. Ensure statistical analyses such as GR&R, to verify system conformance/capabilities are performed.
- Perform test system failure analysis on new and existing test equipment and reports results.
- Work with and/or direct Technicians and Designers in test system development activities.
- Coordinate efforts with customer, and manufacturing engineering to provide necessary technical support for End-of-Line testing as required.
- Interface with peers, technical resources outside of the company (university professors, etc.), vendors and customers.
- Meet the requirements of the Concept to Customer (C to C) System.
- Maintain compliance to current ISO standards and customer specific requirements and Bourns product development processes as applicable. Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with High Performance teams, continuous improvement goals, and values of Bourns Automotive Division
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing.
- High level of problem solving experience.
- Electromechanical design experience
- Test system design experience
- Experience with NI LabView is required
- Knowledge of communication interfaces such as CAN, LIN, SENT, PSI5, is preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office suite.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.
This position is located at the Auburn Hills, Michigan office.
Bourns offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including 401(k) with company match, profit sharing and retirement savings plan, education reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, plus comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
For confidential consideration, please forward resume with salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.