The Bourns Automotive Division has played a leading role in the design, development and manufacture of potentiometric sensors since 1949. At our engineering centers in Riverside/California, Taufkirchen/Germany, and Auburn Hills/Michigan we develop and design an extensive range of customized automotive position, speed and torque sensors. These products are manufactured in Ajka/Hungary, Chihuahua & Tijuana/Mexico and Xiamen/China.
Our research and development work combined with close collaboration with customers help to ensure that our products meet the highest standards set for the automotive industry. Using state-of-the-art development software and world-class production methods, Bourns can provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to customer applications.
This position will be responsible for managing the daily activities of a team of engineering & lab technicians and all aspects of the department including planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, customer interface, reporting, and record retention. In addition major responsibilities will include development of test procedures, test equipment, fixtures, samples, and resources.
In this position you will:
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and supervise all Central-Lab (DV/PV) personnel, test processes, including methods for collecting, analyzing, and reporting of reliability activities to Engineering and Management.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and supervise all Engineering Lab resources to satisfy engineering requests for concept or prototype builds, as well, as concept tests as needed.
- Coordinate and maintain calibration and preventative maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and test equipment.
- Work with external and internal customers in defining product test plans, including timing and resources to be used.
- Maintains Lab documentation such as build-test requests, central-lab test requests, lab procedures, Test procedures, standards, test reports and work instructions
- Coordinate efforts with Product Engineering, Program Management, and Validation Engineers to provide necessary technical support to meet timing requirements.
- Make recommendations on capital equipment purchases for reliability testing. Generate purchase requisitions for equipment in the budget.
- Supervise resources in the Central Test Lab (DV/PV) and Engineering Lab and establish a Self-Directed Work Team. Provide the necessary guidance, training, assistance, and needs of the SDWT to help them achieve their objectives and the objectives of the Division.
- Identify and lead Continuous Improvement activities that reduce expenses, upgrade lab equipment, and increase efficiency.
- Direct activities to establish and maintain compliance to company safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Implement formal mentoring and training programs for personnel.
- Meet the requirements of the Concept to Customer (C to C) System.
- Maintain compliance to current ISO standards and customer specific requirements and Bourns product development processes as applicable. Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with High Performance teams, continuous improvement goals, and values of Bourns Automotive Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ten (10) years minimum industry experience with at least five (5) years leading an Engineering or Test Lab preferred.
- Experience with EMC/ESD test, environmental testing, and the ability to build/repair/analyze product with small SMT components required.
- Experience with LabView preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred.
- Experience with electro-mechanical devices preferred.
- High level of problem solving experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Intermediate MS Office suite.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a forklift license.
- Ability to perform mathematical analysis and understand simple statistical computations.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.
This position is located at the Auburn Hills, Michigan office.
Bourns offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including 401(k) with company match, profit sharing and retirement savings plan, education reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, plus comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
For confidential consideration, please forward resume with salary history, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.