Bourns, Inc., a leading global supplier of reliable, high-quality electronic components and solutions for over seventy-five years, seeks a Credit and Collections Assistant II.
The Credit and Collections Assistant II is responsible for expediting the collection and maintenance of receivables, to ensure improved cash flow. This position is responsible for credit analysis for a wide portfolio of accounts.
The Credit and Collections Assistant II will be a guide to others within the department and assist as appropriate with policies, procedures, and guidelines within the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Credit and Collections Supervisor in extending credit to customers according to established credit policy.
- Conduct initial customer contact by telephone or other correspondence for collection of outstanding receivables.
- Identify bad debt/delinquent accounts through knowledgeable research, analysis, and gathering of pertinent information.
- Assist with complex issues regarding account responsibilities/job requirements, including but not limited to investigations into delinquent customer accounts, account reconciliation, and disputed items with customers and/or internal sales staff.
- Assist Credit and Collections Supervisor as directed in SAP Credit Management and Accounts Receivable cycle (Statements, Invoicing, Collections, Cash Application, etc.).
- Maintain and prepare credit reports required by management and/or auditors using Excel or other software applications.
- Assigned to special projects, conduct training presentations, and assist with the preparation and scheduling of department meetings.
- Provide support to the Credit Analyst function when required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College and/or University
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related experience in Credit/Collections
- Interpretive skills of understanding and evaluating credit information, as well as the sources as it pertains to the customer to assess exposure to risk
- Strong team interactive skills
- Advanced training in problem-solving analysis procedures and techniques
- Ability to read and understand contracts regarding how they apply and affect each account is essential for this position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
As a key member of the Bourns Credit & Collections team, you will have an opportunity to grow with the Company and advance based on your results, performance, and hard work. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work in an expanding international company. To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at: BournsHR.Riv@bourns.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Payscale: $25 – $30. Per hour DOE