Bourns, Inc., a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions for over sixty-five years, seeks an IT Systems Administrator Center. The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective configuration, design, provisioning, installation, operation, tuning and maintenance of systems, hardware, software and related infrastructure applications and services with a focus on data security. This position manages and maintains various IT infrastructure technologies and applications by providing both proactive and reactive maintenance, troubleshooting, security, administration and resolution of software and hardware issues.
This IT Systems Administrator's position is focused on Secure Data Protection, Infrastructure monitoring, and Linux server administration, and otherwise serves as a generalist in various Microsoft, Network and Security platforms. This individual works closely with external vendors, IT colleagues and Business users to ensure that systems meet the functional goals of the organization and assists in planning for future application and system needs and capacity requirements.
The IT Systems Administrator must ensure adherence with security, regulatory and best security practices regarding design, configuration and use of IT system technology and, relies on his or her extensive experience, creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish assignments. This position will work closely with others in the Corporate and Regional IT Departments.
- Data Protection: Deploy and manage backup applications and systems using best security practices for data encryption, segmentation, off-line copies, and periodic restore.
- Effectively deploy and manage infrastructure monitoring, alerting, and capacity tools such as ManageEngine and SolarWinds
- Deploy and manage Linux servers in clustered or standalone mode, conduct performance monitoring and tuning, upgrades, and patch management.
- Create and maintain IT and Security Operating Procedures and Control Documents, and Architectural Diagrams.
- Develop, deploy, and manage adherence-to, Linux and Windows server security configuration standards.
- Deploy and manage Windows servers in clustered or standalone mode, conduct performance monitoring and tuning, upgrades, and patch management.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and recover from IT security events and services interruptions, and implement improvements to avoid future similar failures or incidents.
- Complete tasks and projects within service levels, with quality, while using standard procedures and best practices. Provide appropriate status, updates, and documentation of open tasks and projects to IT management weekly.
- Provide monthly Infrastructure system, application, network, and security monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) with focus on availability.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with IT colleagues, business leads, and strategic infrastructure vendors.
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Deploy, monitor, and manage general IT infrastructure systems, applications, and services (physical and virtual servers, storage systems, backups applications, active directory, domain services, monitoring systems, messaging and collaboration application services, network systems, etc.), while adhering to standards and operational requirements.
- Manage encrypted key and certificate generation, handling, protection, and disposal, while maintaining operational procedures documenting processes used.
- Deploy, monitor, and manage network and security applications and systems (Wired and Wireless Local Network, Global Network, SDWAN, MPLS, Firewalls, VPN, Log Correlation, IDS/IDP, etc.) and ensure their effective and proper use.
- Help ensure the protection and confidentiality of Bourns information assets by implementing and maintaining information security devices and solutions in close adherence to security best practices and standards.
- Implement, manage and support enterprise level voice hosted collaboration services and components.
- Analyze and assess IT infrastructure architecture requirements to determine and recommend optimum cost-effective solutions and perform periodic capacity planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or work equivalent
- Requires five or years of work experience with IT systems admin and security experience in a corporate IT environment with evidence of increasing technical and support responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Strong working experience in Data Protection and Backup systems deployment and administration. Experience with Veeam, BackupExec, and Tape Libraries preferred.
- Infrastructure monitoring and alerting deployment and management, ManageEngine or SolarWinds preferred.
- Strong working experience in Linux and Windows Server administration, patching, and security configuration, in standalone and clustered configurations.
- Experience in the SUSE Linux distribution and Microsoft Hyper-V preferred.
- Storage systems administration a plus.
- Experience in secure Certificate and Key management processes.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) administration
- Experience with multi-factor authentication implementation and support, preferably Microsoft O365 and Cisco DUO
- Microsoft System Center Suite administration
- Practical knowledge of networking concepts.
- Administration of core Infrastructure applications, including Microsoft Active Directory, Domain management, Windows File/DNS/DHCP/Print services.
- Microsoft O365 setup, administration, and security (Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint.
- Firewalls, MPLS, VPN, Met, WAN, and SD-WAN technologies, applications, and systems
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, BGP protocols.
- Wired/Wireless LAN infrastructure implementation and management
- Ability to successfully analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot complex technical issues.
As a key member of the Bourns Information Technology team, you will have an opportunity to grow with the company and advance based on your results, performance, and hard work. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work in an expanding international company. To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at: BournsHR.Riv@bourns.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran