Bourns, Inc., a leading global supplier of reliable, high-quality electronic components and solutions for over seventy-five years, is currently seeking a Product Engineer to join our team!
This position reports to the Product Line Manager of Semiconductors, Protection Division, responsible for all Semiconductor products including thyristors, diodes, PTVS, TBU® HSPs and TCS™ HSPs. Position is the technical and applications expert for supported products including both manufactured and sourced product lines. Primary focus is support of product application, data sheets, technical reports and drawings and new product selection.
- Provide help to facilitate support at the manufacturing site in support of the PLM.
- Develop and maintain all Semiconductor product documentation (such as data sheets), sales collateral (such as product white papers, application briefs, evaluation kits, etc.)
- Provide product specific technical support for Sales and FAE teams.
- Closely coordinate with CP surge labs in Bedford, UK and Dallas, TX and provide test reports for sales, FAE and customers.
- Analyze technology trends and competitive landscape, track competitors’ product releases.
- Recommend product line performance enhancements, extensions, consolidations, technical improvements that help maintain competitiveness or provide advantages to product line.
- Provide regional product training for Sales and FAEs.
- Provide support to sales and FAEs on customer visits as needed.
EDUCATION: Minimum Honors University degree in Electronics Engineering, also accept Electrical Engineering. Preferably Master of Science in applicable Engineering field.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least five years of experience in the electronics industry.
- Possess a working knowledge of design and applications.
- Have a semiconductor background with experience in technical writing.
- Possess interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customers and management.
- Strong verbal communication skills are required to communicate instructions and present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of employees, vendors and customers.
- Strong written communication skills are required to issue instructions and present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of employees, customers and vendors via email, letters, memos, reports, charts, graphs, etc.
- Time management and organizational skills are critical.
- Candidate must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment and travel as required.
- The right candidate must understand the design, evaluation, and sales process, and the role of a Product Engineer.
- Demonstration of self-motivation and original thinking skills will differentiate desired candidates from other candidates.
- English fluency is required, additional linguistic skills are advantageous.
- Working knowledge of agency certifications and standards (including IEC 61000-4-x, ITU-T, GR 1089, UL, AEC-Q, etc.) is required.
As a key member of the Bourns Marketing team, you will have an opportunity to grow with the Company and advance based on your results, performance, and hard work. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work in an expanding international Company. To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at: BournsHR.Riv@bourns.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Pay Range: $80,000 – $90,000 DOE