Bourns, Inc., a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions, offers exciting and challenging careers for growth-oriented professionals. Our goal is to satisfy our worldwide customer base while achieving sound growth with strong application solutions based on technological products of innovative design, superior quality, and exceptional value.
We are seeking a Human Resources and Compensation Analyst to be responsible for (i) collecting, compiling, and analyzing Human Resources (HR) data, metrics, and statistics, and (ii) preparing reports and information that support critical business decisions, including HR Key Performance Indicators, report dashboards, and presentations needed to communicate results to senior leadership.
The Analyst uses their proficiency in analytics and reporting to (i) focus on HR-related metrics, operations, and processes, and (ii) analyze data to track and report on Bourns’ HR performance against established, internal goals.
The Analyst supports the HR compensation team in developing Bourns HR data analytics and configuring the Company’s HRIS systems, databases, and applications.
This role has the following accountabilities:
- Develop, analyze, and ensure that HR ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting is accurate and delivered on time. HR reports include those related to recruiting effectiveness, employee turnover and demographics, accident and incident trends, compensation analyses.
- Support the development of meaningful metrics and measures to assess and evaluate the performance of the HR Departments.
- Collect and compile key HR metrics and data from various sources, including HR information systems (HRIS).
- Generate reports from multiple HRIS modules and provide analysis to business users, HR team members, and Company leadership to identify business insights and areas for performance improvement.
- Partner with Corporate IT and the Corporate HR team to support the HR function, and business partners to document report requirements, design, develop and deliver HR-related reports.
- Continually enhance existing HR reporting processes through automation and quality control to ensure data accuracy.
- Monitor the effectiveness of HR reporting products, modify current reports, or operationalize new information and reporting methods as needed.
- Support the processing of compensation surveys and develop resources for maintaining timely marketplace information to compile and report on data and other pay or performance-related information.
- Support the completion of pay studies of exempt and non-exempt positions using a market-pricing evaluation system; document findings, provide recommendations for improvements and maintain records of validity of evaluation results.
- Maintain and ensure the accurate and timely reporting of pay components and performance data from the HRIS and other systems.
- Partner with Corporate IT and HR leadership in developing reporting systems in SuccessFactors – Employee Central to create and maintain standardized real-time dashboards displaying key performance metrics and insights for HR and business leaders in a visually appealing manner.
- Provide training on standard reporting to existing and new users of the Bourns HRIS.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain desktop procedures for standard report writing as necessary.
- Provide support for assigned projects.
If you have the right experience along with the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed, multi-culture team we want to talk with you. The right candidate should have the following training and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Statistics, Data Science or relevant field.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of experience writing reports from databases and manipulating data with Microsoft Excel.
- Two or more years of experience developing presentations using PowerPoint
- Exhibits a strong work ethic, is detailed oriented, and has superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work independently and proactively while displaying tact and discretion in handling information.
- Has excellent organizational and time management skills and demonstrates the experience and judgment needed to work as a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional departments and teams and work with all staff levels.
- When faced with issues, can make decisions, and develop a course of action.
- Exhibits flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Capable of assessing processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (reporting, macros, pivot tables, charts) and Microsoft
- PowerPoint (creating graphics).
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and SharePoint.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Familiarity with HRIS Software, including compensation modules, learning management modules and performance management modules.
- Previous SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central and compensation module experience desired.
- Corporate office experience dealing with compensation matters.
This position is located at the Bourns’ Corporate offices in Riverside, CA.
As a key member of the Human Resources Team, you will have an opportunity to grow with the company and advance based on your results, performance, and hard work. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and the ability to showcase your technical acumen. Please apply by e-mailing your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to our hiring office at: BournsHR.Riv@bourns.com
Visit our website at: www.bourns.com. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Pay scale: $73,000 - $80,000